Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stepford Wife

This is what I wore to go grocery shopping. Yes! I got all dolled up just to go grocery shopping and took with me my two kids too. It is a little challenging to go with 2 kids but they were such goods kids.

Wearing this dress made me feel like a Stepford Wife. Have you seen that movie with Mathew Broderick and Nicole Kidman? Every time I watch that movie I feel like I want to be like that. I don't mean the robot kind or do whatever your husband tells you to do, but I would like to be the kind of woman that has the house very organize and clean, do all the chores and take care of everyone with love while looking fabulous and stylish. While in my case, my house is a disaster, it seems like a tornado passes by every other day with toys all over. Bedroom and bathroom? A mess. Kitchen? don't ask. The only room that is really neat is the living room, because that is where I receive my guests. :-)

While at the grocery store I must say that I did turn quite a few heads. They were probably admiring my nice outfit, or either they were looking at the crazy woman who got too dressed up just to go grocery shopping. :-)

I always used to saved my clothes for special occasions but those occasions never came. So, I decided to wear all the clothes I have saved all this time for my everyday wear. What if I die tomorrow? (knock on wood) I would of missed of wearing my nice clothes, if I die at least I would look fabulous.

OUTFIT
Dress: Free People
Shoes: Target
Watch: L.A.M.B. Braided
Earrings & Necklace: Silpada
Bag: Nordstrom Brand

Close-up of the dress. It has a little sparkle and lace on top, hidden side zipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment