Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kitchen remodeling Part 1

Today, I am going to show you something different. Since I have been posting pictures of only clothes, I would like you to know that I also like to do stuff like Do It Yourself proyect. I know.. I know... this proyect is no small proyect, it is actually huge.  These pics are from a while back, before we had kids, and you can see that we had plenty of time to remodel a complete house. Yes! we did it just the two of us (meaning my husband and I). It was a lot of work but it was worth it, because everytime I see what we have done with the place I feel proud of it that we were able do this BIG remodeling.

Ok. Let's start!  The picture above is after we took all of the doors from the cabinets.

Here, we had just removed the top cabinets and partially the ones below. We kept the sink and dishwasher because we needed the water.
As you can see the walls look terrible!



Then, we installed the top cabinets. But before we put anything up, we painted the walls and the ceiling white.

Here, we had already removed the old counter and sink and installed the new one. Sorry I don't have more pictures of every details we were working on.
Notice the cabinet on top of the sink are slightly higher, that way it gives you more room for the heads, so we don't bump it while washing out hands or washing the vegetables. ;-)
Applying some glue to put another layer of wood.

This is the other side of the kitchen. Here, there used to be a wall all the way to the ceiling. We removed the wall and made it half way to make a bar height counter, plus it opened up the kitchen more and it was brighter since the game room (originally family room) that is located right next to the kitchen had lots of windows and would enter a lot of natural light.

Here we added more counters to have more work space. Before we had no counters on this side of the kitchen. We only had a little breakfast table (as seen above pic). Here, added more storage and a bar height counter looking to the game room (not seen here yet). Also, we added extra outlets to plug the blender and make our mix drinks. ;-)
Here applying more glue to put another layer of wood.  Please don't mind my awful clothes, these were the times when I was not fashionable at all... plus, these were working clothes. :-)

Seeing some progress.  Now, installing the tiles and making sure not to leave big gaps and leveling the tiles so they don't turn out crooked. I must say we did a pretty good job because the tiles were really flat and straight.
My husband did the black corners. I was afraid I was going to do it crooked, but he did a great job installing those, after he did that it was easy for me to go from there.



Thank you so much if you are reading these posts. I hope you are enjoying reading my experiences. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment