Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kitchen Remodeling Part 2

Here it is the second part of my kitchen remodeling.
Here I am finishing in installing the tiles.

After all the tiles were set in place and the grouts were dry. I applied the sealer.

On the other side of the counter it's the the bar side. Here, we have not put the counter yet or the walls. Here just shows the wiring for the electricity and outlets.

After putting up the wall, My hubby started putting the decorative finishing touches, so it doesn't look plain.

After that, I went ahead and stain the wood natural color to a darker tone. That way it matches the kitchen cabinets.
Please, do not mind my awful clothes and my funny face ;-)

The old linoleum floor was pulled out.

And the old floor was replaced by these awesome tiles.
Sorry I don't have more pictures of every step we had worked on.

Putting more grout to seal the cracks.
Again... please don't mind the awful scrunchy I was wearing. This pic was taken a few years ago when I had no sense of fashion or hair style. Just looking at this pictures makes me say... yikes!!. ;-)

The other side of the kitchen. Old floor being removed.

Here everything it's done. Grout on floor still being worked on. The back splash on the kitchen it's done. Installed new sink. Added new flat stove (easy to clean).

Here it shows the other side of the kitchen were there used to be a wall. Now we had opened it up and added a bar counter height to the other side. Plus it gives a lot more natural light to the kitchen.

Here, our kitchen it's DONE!!
Hope you enjoyed reading this post.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you guys did this on your own...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are so proud we did all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with ‘20 going on 80’! You guys did well on remodeling your kitchen by yourselves. By the way, you chose some pretty nice looking tiles for counter. Also, you might want to consider putting indoor plants in your newly remodeled kitchen. I heard, ferns are good companions inside the kitchen. They prefer to be in humid, and the cooking vapors make the kitchen area warm, so it’s the perfect environment for growing plants.

    Max Boughner

    ReplyDelete